What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file that is placed onto your device and that is managed by your browser. Cookies were designed for websites to remember information (such as items in a shopping cart) and enable our sites or services to function. For example, cookies enable us to identify your device and enable you to easily share content on our sites and services and help us serve relevant ads to you.
The Types of Cookies We Use
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as a user. After you sign in, a persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by our site when you return to the site. Session cookies only last for as long as the session (usually the current visit to a site or a browser session).
We also have implemented and use Google Analytics Display Advertising, specifically the Demographics and Interest Reporting feature to advertise online, sell advertising, and develop content.
We also may use Adobe Flash, which is another technology that can provide cookie-equivalent functionality. Adobe Flash is capable of storing information on your device (in a file outside of your browser).
How Cookies Are Used for Advertising Purposes
Cookies combined with ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us collect aggregated auditing, research, and reporting for advertisers. Pixels, which are invisible tags placed on our websites, help us understand and improve our service, show you ads, and know when content has been shown to you. Please note that because our pages include advertisements, your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, and these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
How You Can Manage Cookies
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google’s Display Network ads using Google’s Ad Settings. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by using Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Please note that not all browsers provide the ability to remove Adobe Flash “cookies” (also called “locally stored objects,” or “LSOs”). You can restrict or block Adobe Flash cookies/LSOs through the Adobe website.
What personal information do we collect
We only collect personal information as needed to ensure the proper preparation, payment and delivery of your meals. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Your first and last name
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Dietary lifestyle
- Credit card information
Telephone Calls and SMS Text Messages
This SMS message program is a service of Meals of Steel. By providing your cell phone number, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g., SMS/MMS cart reminders, sale notices, etc) from Meals of Steel. These messages include text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system, to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate. You give Meals of Steel permission to send text messages to the enrolled cell phone number through your wireless phone carrier, unless and until you end permission per these Terms & Conditions. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Text the keyword STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message to cancel. After texting STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. If you change your preferences, it may take up to 48 hours for it to take effect. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands and agree that Meals of Steel and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Meals of Steel through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
Help or Support
Text the keyword HELP to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message to receive a text with information on how to unsubscribe.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE MESSAGING PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER OF Meals of Steel OR ANY PARTY ACTING ON BEHALF OF Meals of Steel BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AGGREGATE AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO Meals of Steel HEREUNDER OR $100.00; OR (B) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES. YOU AGREE EVEN IF Meals of Steel HAS BEEN TOLD OF POSSIBLE DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OR RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE Meals of Steel MESSAGING PROGRAM. Meals of Steel AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DELAYS OR NON-DELIVERY IN THE TRANSMISSION OF MESSAGES
To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Meals of Steel, its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, representatives, independent contractors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, judgments or penalties of any kind or nature arising from or in relation to the these Messaging Terms or your receipt of text messages from Meals of Steel or its service providers.
- General. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in any way related to these Messaging Terms or your receipt of text messages from Meals of Steel or its service providers whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when a dispute or claim arises will be resolved by binding arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THESE MESSAGING TERMS, YOU AND Meals of Steel ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THESE MESSAGING TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY ARBITRATION.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection (a) above, nothing in these Messaging Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of you or Meals of Steel to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim.
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Meals of Steel will be governed by the JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND Meals of Steel AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Meals of Steel agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. You agree that, by agreeing to these Messaging Terms, you and Meals of Steel are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Messaging Terms, if Meals of Steel makes any future change to this arbitration provision, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Meals of Steel’s contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Meals of Steel.
- Enforceability. If any provision of these Messaging Terms is found to be unenforceable, the applicable provision shall be deemed stricken and the remainder of these Messaging Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
Changes to the Messaging Terms
We reserve the right to change these Messaging Terms or cancel the messaging program at any time. By using and accepting messages from Meals of Steel after we make changes to the Messaging Terms, you are accepting the Messaging Terms with those changes. Please check these Messaging Terms regularly.
These Messaging Terms, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with us in connection herewith, will constitute the entire agreement between you and Meals of Steel concerning the Messaging Program.
Please contact us with any inquiries or concerns at [email protected] or write to us at: 810 S Myrtle Ave, Monrovia, CA 91016.
Updated: December 27, 2022